Herbed Cheese Shortbread Crisps
- Number of people6
- Prep time
- Cooking time
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, beat butter and blue cheese with beaters on Speed #5 until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients then decrease to Speed #1 until crumbly and dough starts to form.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on large cookie sheets (shiny aluminum works best).
- Dip flat bottom of drinking glass in flour and flatten balls to 2 1/2-inch diameter.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove to cooling racks.