- 1 gallon vegetable oil
- 2 ½ pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- ½ cup Ranch style dressing
- ¾ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Place vegetable oil in fryer container. Cover; set temperature to 375ºF. Let oil heat until ready light goes on.
- Meanwhile, cut tips off chicken wings and discard; then cut each wing in half at the joint. There should be 24 pieces. Pat each chicken wing piece dry with paper towel; set aside.
- In large bowl stir together coating ingredients. Place chicken wing pieces in coating mixture and toss until well coated.
- Place fryer basket in hot oil. Carefully place about 8 chicken wing pieces in fryer, one at a time. Cover fryer and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken pieces are golden brown and chicken reaches 165ºF on inside. Remove chicken wing pieces from fryer and drain on several layers of paper towels. Repeat with remaining chicken wing pieces.
- In small bowl stir together all dressing ingredients. Serve chicken wings with dill dressing. Refrigerate leftovers.