- 80 ml coffee
- 50 ml of strong alcohol such as rum, calvados or whisky
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- Zest of 1 unwaxed orange
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 100 ml 35 % fat UHT whipping cream
- 1 tsp bitter cocoa powder
- In a saucepan, heat the alcohol over a gentle heat and dissolve the sugar in it. Add the different spices and the orange zest. Cover and leave to infuse for around 20 minutes. Filter the preparation, keeping only the flavoured alcohol.
- Reheat the alcohol and pour into a glass. Pour the coffee on top.
- Lightly whisk the cream and carefully arrange a cloud on top of the drink.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder.
The flavoured alcohol can be prepared in advance; you can also use pre-flavoured rum.