- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 cups mixed fresh fruits (sliced strawberries, peaches raspberries)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Heat oven to 250°F. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In large metal or glass bowl (free of all grease) beat egg whites and cream of tartar with whisk on Speed #10 until foamy. Gradually add sugar, while beating on Speed #10. Continue beating on Speed #10 for 10 to 12 minutes or until stiff peaks form and sugar is completely dissolved.
- Spread meringue on parchment paper in 9-inch circle. Push some of center meringue to edges, forming a raised edge.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours or until completely dry. Turn oven off. Leave meringue in oven 2 hours with door closed. Remove from oven. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, beat whipping cream with whisk on Speed #8 until stiff peaks form.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and marshmallow cream with beaters on Speed #4 until smooth and creamy.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spread over cooled meringue. Cut in wedges to serve.
- In small bowl, mix fruits and 2 tablespoons sugar; let stand 5 minutes. Spoon over individual servings of dessert.