- Number of people4
- DifficultyQuite good
- Prep time
- Cooking time
- 1 kg veal shoulder
- 200 ml coffee
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 1 leek
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 bouquet garni
- 250 g button mushrooms
- 250 g baby onions
- 20 g butter + 20 g plain flour
- 100 g crème fraîche
- Salt, pepper
- Put the veal cut into pieces into a stew pot and cover with water. Add salt and bring to the boil.
- Skim, then add the onions, carrots, leek, celery and bouquet garni.
- Add the coffee.
- Cover and cook gently for around 45 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt the 20 g of butter, add the fl our and cook for 2 minutes while stirring. Leave to cool.
- Peel the mushrooms and small onions.
- Place the onions into a saucepan, just cover with water, add salt, a pinch of sugar and a knob of butter. Cook gently until the water has completely evaporated, leaving a glossy film.
- Fry the mushrooms in a frying pan with a little butter.
- Drain the meat and pour the cooking stock into the butter/flour mixture, stir until it begins to boil again and allow to simmer gently for around 10 minutes.
- Add the crème fraîche to the sauce and pour over the pieces of meat. Garnish with the mushrooms and small onions.
- Serve with rice.