- 6 Belgian endives (chicory)
- 150 ml coffee
- 1 untreated orange
- 1 tbsp orange-fl ower honey
- 20 g butter
- Puff pastry (1 roll)
- Salt and freshly-milled pepper
- Remove the outer leaves of the endives, then cut them in half.
- Melt a knob of butter in a sauté pan, place the endives cut side down into the butter, then season with salt and pepper. Add the honey and allow to caramelise slightly.
- Next add the orange zest and deglaze with the coffee. Cover the sauté pan with a sheet of parchment paper and allow to simmer for around 15 minutes over a low heat. The endives must be soft.
- Spread out the puff pastry and cut out four circles 10 to 12 cm in diameter depending on the size of tins you have.
- Arrange the endives in the tins, cover with the puff pastry, prick the pastry and put into the oven. Cover with a baking sheet in order to prevent the pastry from rising.
- Cook in the oven at 180°C for around 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the tin and serve with a salad and a soft boiled egg or as an accompaniment to fish.