- 500 ml milk (ideally full fat)
- 150 ml coffee
- 75 g sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- Pour the coffee into a glass.
- Bring the milk to the boil in a saucepan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until pale and creamy, add the milk and the coffee. Mix well and set aside until the foam has disappeared.
- Pour the mixture into ramekins (or large coffee cups) and cook in the oven at 150°C for 40 minutes, in a bain-marie or place the ramekins in a roasting tin and top up with boiling water until halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Leave to cool and serve cold.