- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 egg
- In medium bowl, mix flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- With pastry blender or 2 table knives, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Gently stir in lemon peel and blueberries. In medium bowl, whisk cream and egg until well blended.
- Pour all but 2 teaspoons of the mixture into dry ingredients; mix gently with fork just until ingredients are moistened. Bring together into a ball and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place oven rack in lower position. Choose the BAKE function with the CONTROL knob and select the CONVECTION option. Then press the SELECT button to set temperature to 375°F and press SELECT button again to adjust Time to 25 minutes. Press Start/Stop button.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper. On floured work surface, gently knead dough 5 or 6 times. Pat into 7-inch circle. Cut in 6 wedges.
- Brush tops with reserved cream mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- Place 1 inch apart on pan. When beep sounds, place in oven.
- Bake until golden brown and no longer doughy. (Start checking doneness after 20 minutes.) Press Start/Stop button. Cool slightly.