- 10-inch section of soft French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Italian cheese blend (3 oz)
- Place oven rack in middle position. Choose the BAKE function with the CONTROL knob and press the SELECT button to set temperature to 375°F. Press the SELECT button again to adjust the Time to 10 minutes. Press Start/Stop button.
- Cut bread in half horizontally; place on work surface cut sides up.
- In small bowl, mix butter, garlic and pepper. Spread evenly over cut surfaces of bread. Place cut sides together and wrap loaf in foil.
- When beep sounds, place on oven rack in oven. When beep sounds, remove from oven. Press Start/Stop button.
- Unwrap bread and place on baking pan, cut sides up. Top evenly with cheese. Choose the TOAST function with the CONTROL knob and press the SELECT button to set the Time/Shade to #5. Place pan in oven. Press Start/Stop button.
- Toast until beep sounds or until cheese is melted and starting to brown. Cut in sections.