- 16 scallops
- 1 shallot
- 2 x 30 ml ristretti
- 1 cardamom pod (crushed)
- 150 ml fish stock
- 150 ml single cream
- 1 celeriac
- 2 vanilla pods
- 1 knob of butter
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly-milled pepper
- In a saucepan, sweat the chopped shallot. Deglaze with the ristretti. Add the crushed cardamom pod and allow to reduce slowly. Moisten with the fish stock and allow to reduce by half. Add the single cream and reduce until you obtain a coating consistency. Sieve and adjust the seasoning.
- Prepare the celeriac purée: in a small saucepan, warm the 2 tablespoons of cream and the knob of butter. Infuse the split vanilla pods with the seeds scraped out and added to the cream mixture. Cover with cling film to ensure an air-tight seal.
- Peel the celeriac, cut it into pieces and cook in a saucepan of salted water. Drain well and dry over the heat if necessary. Then reduce it to a purée using a blender. Add the butter and the vanilla flavoured cream, and adjust the seasoning.
- Put the scallops onto a skewer, season and cook in a frying pan for 2 minutes on each side with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Use a pastry cutter to place a neat portion of purée in the middle of each plate. Place the scallop skewer on top and drizzle the coffee sauce around it.