- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 x 50 ml espressi
- 1 stick of cinnamon (or 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon)
- A few green cardamom pods
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger root
- 50 g butter
- 50 g honey
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 100 g crème fraîche
- Salt and freshly-milled pepper
- Slice the chicken breasts.
- Pour the espressi into a saucepan, grate in the cinnamon, add half of the ginger and reduce.
- Sear the chicken slices in a frying pan, using a little fat, and until cooked set to one side
- Remove some of the fat from the frying pan, add the ginger, cardamom seeds and honey, and deglaze with the coffee mixture.
- Moisten with the chicken stock, leave to reduce slightly and add the crème fraîche. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Just before serving, reheat the chicken in this coffee sauce and accompany it with vegetables, fresh tagliatelli or risotto.
This recipe can also be made using scallops or cod fi llets.