Sliced Chicken with Aromatic Espresso
- Number of people4
- DifficultyQuite good
- Prep time
- Cooking time
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 x 50 ml espressi
- 1 stick of cinnamon (or 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon)
- A few green cardamom pods
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger root
- 50 g butter
- 50 g honey
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 100 g crème fraîche
- Salt and freshly-milled pepper
- Slice the chicken breasts.
- Pour the espressi into a saucepan, grate in the cinnamon, add half of the ginger and reduce.
- Sear the chicken slices in a frying pan, using a little fat, and until cooked set to one side
- Remove some of the fat from the frying pan, add the ginger, cardamom seeds and honey, and deglaze with the coffee mixture.
- Moisten with the chicken stock, leave to reduce slightly and add the crème fraîche. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Just before serving, reheat the chicken in this coffee sauce and accompany it with vegetables, fresh tagliatelli or risotto.