- Number of people12
- Prep time
- Cooking time
- 40 ml espresso
- 125 g butter
- 75 g good quality plain chocolate
- 150 g light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 70 g plain flour
- 80 g walnut pieces or other nuts
- 20 g butter + 20 g caster sugar for the cake tin
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate with the butter, add the coffee and mix well.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until pale and creamy, using a whisk, then incorporate the flour.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture and the walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into the buttered, sugared cake tin.
- Cook in the oven at 200°C for around 20 minutes. Test that the brownies are cooked by piercing the mixture with a fine knife blade. It should come out with a little of the mixture on it.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.