Tiramisu Irish Coffee
- Number of people4
- Prep time
- 4 egg yolks + 6 egg whites
- 80 g icing sugar
- 500 g mascarpone
- 2 espressi
- 20 ml Whisky
- 8 sponge fingers
- 50 g dulce de leche
- 3 apples
- 30 g butter
- 80 g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp bitter cocoa powder
- Pour the espressi and leave to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks with the icing sugar until pale and creamy. Incorporate the mascarpone.
- Beat the egg whites into very stiff peaks.
- Carefully incorporate the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- Flavour the cooled espressi with the whisky.
- Peel the apples. Cut into small cubes and cook in the frying pan with the
butter and sugar for around 5 minutes.
- Place a spoonful of the dulce de leche into the base of each glass.
- Dip the sponge fi ngers into the coffee, and line the base of the glasses.
- Fill the glasses by alternating a layer of mascarpone cream and a layer of caramelised apples, ending with a layer of cream.
- Sprinkle with bitter cocoa powder and set aside in the refrigerator.
- You should ideally prepare the tiramisu 24 hours in advance.